There are several resources for employment on campus as well as external fire protection jobs:
- Job Listings (Internships and Post-Graduate positions)
- Academic Positions and Fellowship Opportunities
There are the following PHD possible openings in FireSERT in the area of Fire Dynamics and Materials laboratory :
• Soot, Carbon Monoxide and Radiation in Pool Fires: experiments and modeling
• Fire dynamics of large scale enclosure and corridor or tunnel fires
• Chemistry and physics of material flammability properties including extinction and ignition
• Fire suppression using liquid nitrogen
• Fire Risk assessment using Agent Based Modeling.
For more information see:
Employment Posting Guidelines
The Department of Fire Protection Engineering welcomes job listings for internships and paid employment for positions in fire protection and related fields. Please forward the position description, including all pertinent contact and application information, to Ms. Patricia Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Kindly forward the advertisement as an e-mail attachment in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Please be sure that your copy is “ready to post” as we are not available to edit it.
While there is no charge for direct employers to post on our site, there is a $50 fee if you are a recruiter representing an employer. If you are a recruiter, please forward your check for $50, payable to the University of Maryland, as follows:
Ms. Sharon Hodgson
Department of Fire Protection Engineering
University of Maryland
3106 J. M. Patterson Building
College Park, MD 20742
Thank you for your interest in sharing employment opportunities with our students and alumni who represent the very best in fire protection engineering.
Questions? Please call 301-405-3992.